A whole sleuth of Call of Duty Black Ops 3 has just been leaked, and you’ll want to see what Treyarch is up to
The best way to dive into all this brand new content popping up around the web is to start with this brand new gameplay reveal that was just released earlier this morning. Check it out!
As you can see from the trailer, it seems developer Treyarch has borrowed a few ideas from many modern shooters to create Black Ops 3‘s gameplay. There appears to be wall riding similar to Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall, and it even appears to feature some sliding, running and boosting movement similar to last year’s Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Some fans will be happy to see, however, that the newest Call of Duty appears to skip the ex0-suit movement system.
Now, in addition to all the official reveal, many sites have been sharing information they’ve both gathered and experienced. According to several gaming sites, the press was given access to a half dozen or so multiplayer matches, so there is a fair bit of info out on what to expect this November.
Info from Call of Duty fan site ‘Charlie Intel‘
- multiplayer features a brand new weapon customization system called “Gunsmith.
- Dive to prone will not be in the game
- You will be able to create your own weapon camos, up to 64 layers to be placed on three sides of a gun.
- Each Specialist character in MP has a different look, voice, ability, weapons, and more.
- “The new maps are designed to let either style work, creating a wonderful feeling of flexibility not present in the series before.”
- Specialists: many forms, like a robot whose arm can transform into a gatling gun,or a futuristic hunter who can see through walls
- Wall-running ability is “limited”, however reports claim sprint is unlimited.
- “Specialists”: 9 specialists total, each with 2 abilities, a special weapon and a move or other perk, for a total of 18 choices”
- You can run along a wall, jetpack through the air, switch directions mid-jump and land with a lengthy power-slide.
- 16 Maps in base game,4 zombies maps and 18 campaign levels in Black Ops 3.
- Confirmed Black Ops 3 MP modes so far: Kill Confirmed, Team Deathmatch, and Domination. More to be revealed later on.
- Four out of nine specialists have been revealed: Ruin, Seraph (Combat Focus), Outrider (combat bow), Reaper (robot)
- Three MP maps have been revealed so far: Stronghold (icy map), Combine (smaller sized map), Hunted (ft. waterfall)
- Double jumps will not be making a return, and thrust jumps will not allow players to jump as high as the Exo’s from Advanced Warfare
- Multiplayer will feature splitscreen functionality
- Press played on PS4’s – adding to the rumor that Xbox has lost the marketing deal
IGN also has a great article that gives some perspective from someone who has actually played Black Ops 3
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is set to launch November 6th on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. It is being reported that the game will be next-gen only, so if you haven’t made the jump to Xbox One or PS4, now might be a good time to do so. Also, you can pre-order now to guarantee beta access when it becomes available later this year.
Undoubtedly more information will be leaked throughout the day, so for everything else Black Ops 3, follow Charlie Intel’s feed.