Running off the momentum of the smash-hit film reboot, developer Avalanche Studios has released a trailer for the new Mad Max video game.
Made by the same studio that known for the explosive ‘Just Cause‘ franchise, another massive open-world destruction game is heading our way this fall. Just like the film franchise, this trailer is all about blood, guns and killer cars. Check it out!
Earlier this year, Mad Max was featured in Game Informer and there was a sizable Q&A section that revealed some gameplay mechanics. Here’s the highlights courtesy of a nifty NeoGAF thread:
- First Person mode for driving. It was originally implemented to give players another choice of playing but is something that took off really well.
- The same Australia-esque setting fans are used to.
- Only ground-based vehicles.
- You can customize and upgrade Max’s clothing and gear as well as his beard and hairstyles.
- Max’s shotgun and the sniper rifle on the Opus are the only firearms you wield.
- Finding points of interest with require to actually find them, they don’t just magically appear on your map.
- Chumbucket isn’t the only sidekick or companion that will help Max over the course of the game.
- They said the legendary Black on Black V8 Interceptor had to be “earned” so it looks like you can get or build the car again despite losing it at the beginning of the game.
- There are no “safe zones” in the game and even settlements or hideouts have to be “earned.” Probably similar to FarCry’s outpost system.
- Big E3 presence this June
Are you excited to play a game set in the Mad Max universe? What do you look forward to the most about the game? Let me know on Twitter!
Mad Max comes to Xbox One, PS4 and PC September 1st, 2015.Follow @bearclawgaming