Xbox One preview members can start chatting-up Chief’s co-pilot starting today.
Thanks to an awesome discovery on Reddit, gamers with the “New Xbox One Experience” can find Cortana hidden in the UI. Here’s a step by step guide.
- From the home screen, pull left to bring up the guide.
- Scroll down to the settings tab toward the bottom.
- Highlight the “All Settings” button, but DON’T press it.
- Instead of clicking “All Settings,” push up and tap the “A” button a few times.
- Voilà! Cortana should snap on the right
From there, feel free to use either the keyboard or Kinect to interact with Cortana. Please note that Cortana isn’t supposed to be available to Xbox One preview members until later this year, and it won’t be available to the general public until early 2016. For that reason, be patient if Cortana is buggy as she’s still in development.
**Note: some Xbox Preview members said that they could get Cortana to simply appear by saying, “Hey, Cortana” from the home screen.**