The first big update coming to Halo 5: Guardians is adding a ton of content.
Halo 5’s update, titled ‘The Battle of Shadow’ and Light is adding a fan-favorite game mode and 48 new REQ items all in one massive 6.5GB update. Best of all, the update is totally free!
If you’re not up-to-date on exactly what Shadow and Light is adding to Halo 5, here’s the gist of things straight from 343 Industries’ blog:
- Added Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking
- Added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games. The mode details are as follows:
For all BTB game types, the Motion Tracker is the same size as Warzone at 25m (larger than the Arena Motion Tracker), and match length is 16 minutes.
- BTB CTF – Score to win: 3 Captures
- BTB Strongholds – Score to win: 150 points
- BTB Slayer – Score to win: 100 points
Added 4 new BTB maps, also available in both matchmaking and custom games:
- Basin by the 343 Multiplayer team
- Deadlock by Nokyard & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Guillotine by The Psycho Duck & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Recurve by The Fated Fire & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware. Head here (Halo 5 Aiming & Controllers) for more details.
- Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below. Head here (Warzone Assault Tuning Changes) for more details. Faster REQ leveling Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds Reduced starting grenade count to 1 Added the “deliver” nav point for vehicle drivers who have a friendly flag carrier as a passenger. Fixed an issue where players were able to use the driver and gunner seats while holding the flag. Now, the flag carrier can only sit in the passenger seat. Improved Post-Game-Carnage-Report consistency.
The Battle of Shadow and Light’s 48 REQ items are detailed in a nice infographic from 343.
What has you the most excited about the first major Halo 5: Guardians update? Will you be jumping into Big Team Battle, or will you be sinking in Warzone to earn REQ points for new gear? Feel free to share your thoughts with me in the comments below or on Twitter!