The first big Xbox One update of 2016 is going live for Preview members starting today.
After a break over the holiday season, the Xbox team is back on their monthly Xbox One update schedule. This month features some highly requested features and general improvements to the new Xbox One UI that was introduced last November.
The full preview update patch notes can be read in full at Major Nelson’s blog, but here’s the essentials:
New updates and experiences coming to Xbox One Preview:
- View who’s in a party before joining
- Gamerscore leaderboard is making a return
- Enhancements to the Pins section and enable access to them when offline
- An updated Activity Feed that will streamline new content
- Easier to watch friends stream on Twitch
- Suggested Friends area is revamped
- Reintroduce the option to hide individual titles from the “ready-to-install” list within My Games & Apps
Updates for Xbox Beta app and Xbox One Preview that enhance gaming on all platforms:
- The Avatar Store is now natively supported on Xbox One
- Xbox News will occasionally show up in Activity Feeds to share hot-off-the-press info on all things Xbox
- Easier to access and streamline Trending section
- Suggested Friends tab is now available within the Xbox Beta App
- Compact mode for Xbox App will allow you to quickly access your party, new activity alerts and review messages
Like the past few Xbox One Preview updates, expect this update to roll out in waves. You may not receive the preview update today, so don’t panic if you don’t have an update when you boot up your console.
If you’re not in the preview program, expect all the above features (and maybe some more) when the update leaves the Xbox One Preview and enters full release sometime in February.
What new features are you looking forward to the most with the new update? Do you plan to use the Xbox mobile app more? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below or on Twitter!