At long last, the beloved multiplayer co-op mode will return to Halo in Warzone Firefight.
During the Halo World Championship broadcast tonight, Halo 5: Guardians developer 343 Industries revealed gameplay of Warzone Firefight in action. Check it out!
In case you missed it, here’s some little details I caught in the trailer:
- Up to eight player co-op against hordes of AI enemies
- Each game is five rounds. Each of the rounds will feature different bosses and enemies
- Reuses (possibly modified) Warzone maps. The one featured in the trailer was “Assault on ARC”
- The game timer counts down — hinting at a time limit to complete each objective wave
- You’ll be able to use REQ cards to call in weapons and vehicles just like traditional Warzone modes.
- No exact release date, but should come in the first half of summer
What do you think of Warzone Firefight? What things do you hope they keep from the original firefight mode? Is there anything you hope they keep the same? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below or on Twitter!